New Google Search Algorithm Boosts Mobile-Friendly Websites
Today Google announced it is rolling out an update to their mobile search results in May that will “increases the effect of the ranking signal to help our users find even more pages that are relevant and mobile-friendly.”
Significant changes to Google’s search algorithm began a couple years ago and have since really benefited those businesses and organizations that have taken the opportunity to provide a true mobile friendly experiences for their visitors.
If you’ve already made your site mobile-friendly, you will not be impacted by this update. However, if your website is older, has only a desktop version, or has two separate mobile and desktop versions, chances are your website will be ranked lower and will be unable to compete for first page results vs mobile-friendly competition.
You can test your current websites mobile friendliness by checking out the Mobile-Friendly Test or by requesting ADN provide a free website review.
Responsive, mobile-friendly web design isn’t a trend any more, it’s a must. Being able to offer consumers a beautiful optimized experience regardless of their choice of device means you’ll have expanded the reach of your service and the chances you have of engaging with individuals. The long lasting nature of this approach is incredibly valuable and the cost effectiveness is a clear advantage.
In short, if you still haven’t updated your site, you have even more reason to do so now, before May.
ADN can power up your online business with a host of special functions like Appointment Booking, Subscription Memberships, Online Marketplaces, Portfolios, E-Commerce, Newsletters and much more!
Contact us today at 1-800-599-0661
Behind The Numbers:
- Over 1.2 billion people access the web from their mobile device
- Consumers today spend nearly 60% of their time on the internet on their mobile devices.
- 85% of adults think that a company’s mobile website should be as good or better than their desktop website.
- 48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business.
- 67% of users are more likely to make a purchase with a smartphone on a mobile friendly site than on a non-mobile optimized site.
- In a study of 5,388 smartphone and tablet users, 48% complained that websites were not optimized for mobile devices.
- 74% of mobile visitors will abandon a site if it takes more than 5 seconds to load.
- 62% of companies which designed their website(s) for mobile platforms increased their sales and 64% of companies that designed their website for tablets increased sales.